The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking an experienced prosecutor to serve as the Deputy Bureau Chief of the Public Integrity Bureau (PIB). The Deputy Bureau Chief may work at an OAG office in any of the following locations: New York City, Albany, Syracuse or Buffalo and will report to the Bureau Chief who is located in New York City.
PIB investigates and seeks to vindicate the public's trust in honest government. When public servants engage in corruption, fraud or illegal behavior in the course of their public duties, the PIB may investigate or take enforcement action to restore the public's interest in honest government and the integrity of government officials at the state and local level. Specifically, PIB handles complex investigations into government contractors, public corruption, fraud and abuse of authority, from the initial allegation through final disposition. The Bureau consists of attorneys, investigators, auditors and analysts. Although PIB is part of the Criminal Division, PIB brings cases pursuant to both civil and criminal authority. The Bureau can also issue reports about its investigations and findings.
The Deputy Bureau Chief’s duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting the Bureau Chief with the day-to-day management of the Bureau’s operations and caseload;
- Providing detailed oversight of the Bureau’s active investigations;
- Coordinating with the law enforcement agencies across the state on active matters as well as continuing to develop/expand these strategic partnerships;
- Supervising, supporting and coaching PIB attorneys and support staff to enhance their skillsets and overall professional development; and
- Carrying an individual docket of matters, as the Bureau’s workload requires.
The ideal candidate should have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least eight (8) years of legal experience, including at least (5) years of prosecutorial experience;
- Sound judgement along with strong investigative planning and prosecution skills;
- Excellent analytic, research, writing, editing and verbal presentation skills;
- Effective interpersonal communication, problem solving and teamwork/team-building skills; and
- Prior experience supervising and/or mentoring attorneys and support staff is preferred.
Applicants must reside in (or intend to soon become a resident of) New York State and be admitted to practice law in New York State. In addition, the Public Officers Law requires that attorneys in the Office be citizens of the United States. A two (2) year commitment upon being hired is a condition of employment.
The salary range for this position is $130,000 - $156,000. The final salary will be determined after an evaluation of the selected candidate’s qualifications. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received via email. To apply, please submit your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must indicate the position title and reference number (Public Integrity Deputy Bureau Chief, PIB_DBC_3361) in their cover letter and email subject line.
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by close of business on July 2, 2021.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
- Cover Letter
- You may address to Legal Recruitment
- Please indicate your location preference: NYC, Albany, Buffalo or Syracuse
- Please indicate the position title and reference number (Public Integrity Deputy Bureau Chief, PIB_DBC_3361)
- List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses
- Writing Sample
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: ag.ny.gov
Application Deadline is July 2, 2021