- This event has passed.
Civil Rights in Immigration: Emergent Legal Issues
September 19 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree – $75
Thursday, September 19, 2019
6:00 – 8:00PM
2 MCLE Credits (2 Professional Practice)
Please join us for a program on civil rights issues in the immigration context, including discussion of current challenges in defending immigrants’ rights due to recent changes in law and policy.
Topics will include:
- Deportation and removal proceedings, including the use of motions to terminate.
- Asylum claims, including fundamentals of asylum, eligibility standards, and recent developments in the law.
- Other constitutional issues that arise in defending immigrants subject to removal proceedings.
- Carmen Maria Rey, Esq., Brooklyn Law School
- Michelle Rodriguez, Esq., Law Office of Michelle Rodriguez
- Brooke Menschel, Esq., Brooklyn Defender Services
- Catherine Gonzalez, Esq., Brooklyn Defender Services
BBA Member $50
Student Member $10
Loyalty Pass Holder FREE**
+$20 for walk-up registration
**For information on our pre-paid Loyalty Pass, please contact Jen Bryan at 718-624-0675 ext. 209.
Brooklyn Bar Association’s NEW Civil Rights Committee
Co-chairs: Dewey M. Golkin, Esq. and Jonathan P. Stead, Esq.
Vice Chairs: Hon. Sharon Bourne-Clarke and Hon. Robin Garson
Co-Sponsored by Brooklyn Bar Association’s LGBTQ+ Committee and NEW Immigration Committee