- This event has passed.
Navigating the New E-filing Requirements in the Appellate Division, Second Department
June 19, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree – $100
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
6:00 – 8:00PM
2 MCLE Credits (1 professional, 1 skills)
The Appellate Divisions recently enacted rules regarding the electronic filing of documents with the clerks of court. The Second Department has now begun to accept documents through e-courts in certain matters and will phase in other courts soon. This CLE Program will walk through the e-filing requirements and procedures. Aprilanne Agostino, the Clerk of the Court, and Caterina Madaffari, Supervisor of the Clerk’s Office, will be lecturing on the court’s procedures. Lynne Bailey of Dick Bailey Service Inc. will be lecturing on procedures in electronically filing documents with the court.
Aprilanne Agostino, the Clerk of the Court
Caterina Madaffari, Supervisor of the Clerk’s Office
Lynne Bailey of Dick Bailey Service Inc.
Moderated by Richard A. Klass, Esq.
- Initiating the Appeal: filing the Notice of Appeal, RADI form and initial documents at the Supreme Court level.
- Appellate Division original court initiating documents.
- Motion practice in the Appellate Division and changes in practice from paper filings.
- What constitutes the Record on Appeal: assembling the record of e-filed documents.
- Perfecting the Appeal: Necessary documents and changes re papers filings
- Post-decision practice: appeals to the NYS Court of Appeals as of right or by permission
- New role of appellate printers in light of e-filing
- Questions and answers
BBA Member $60
Law Student $10
**CLE Pre-Paid Loyalty Pass FREE
+$20 for walk-up registration
**For information on our pre-paid Loyalty Pass, please contact Jen Bryan at 718-624-0675 ext. 209.