The Brooklyn Bar Association has established the Access to Justice Task Force to ensure that all residents of the Brooklyn community have equal access to the criminal and civil justice systems in New York. The mission of the Task Force will be even more critical during the current pandemic. It will provide the members of our community with critical information that is needed to navigate the numerous legal challenges caused by the health crisis. In addition, the Task Force will advocate for equal access to our courts and mutual respect for all, irrespective of wealth and status.
Webinar Series: Know Your Rights!
The Access to Justice Task Force has been working hard to provide online learning opportunities to promote legal knowledge and access for the public during this difficult time. Please note that none of these videos constitute legal advice. If you do need to consult with an attorney, please call our Lawyer Referral Service at 718-624-0843.
- Medicaid Overview 2020: The Changing Legal Landscape – Presented by Fern Finkel, Esq.
- Essential Healthcare Directives – Presented by Fern Finkel, Esq.
- Financial Organizing and Easy Planning Tips During the Pandemic – Presented by Fern Finkel, Esq.
- Financial Advance Directives – Presented by Fern Finkel, Esq.
- Collecting Assets from Small Estates – Presented by Daniel R. Antonelli, Esq.
- Foundations of Bankruptcy – Presented by Richard Klass, Esq.
Volunteer in the Community
- http://chipsonline.org/ CHiPS
- https://www.masbia.org/ Masbia
- https://www.northbrooklynangels.org/about-us North Brooklyn Angels
- Poll Watching
NYC Court Contacts
- www.nycourts.gov OCA
- https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/nyc/supreme/ NYC Supreme Court – Civil and Criminal Term Listings and Addresses
- http://www.courts.state.ny.us/COURTS/nyc/civil/addresses.shtml NYC Civil Court Phone Listings and Addresses
- NYS Court System press release regarding advancing equal justice October 16, 2020
Civil Rights/Human Rights/Defenders
- Brooklyn Bar Association President
- Anthony J. Lamberti, Esq.
- (photo courtesy of Brooklyn Daily Eagle)
Need A Lawyer?
- Learn More
Necesita un abogado?
- aprende más
The Brooklyn Barrister
- The Latest Issue
- Learn more